Monday 9 July 2007

Photography

I’ve been interested in photography ever since I bought my first camera, a manual Zenith EM, way back in 1980 just before the Moscow Olympics. It was a totally manual model, so was a good introduction to photography.

In about 1983 I bought my second camera, an Olympus OM10. This had a bit of automation but nothing like modern cameras.

In about 1986 I began to take less and less photographs and my interest waned until I decided to buy something a bit more up-to-date. I bought my first Canon, an EOS 300n. A year later I supplemented this with a couple of lenses and then another camera an EOS IX7 which took APS film instead of standard 35mm.

In 2003 I decided to dip my toes in the world of digital photography and bought a relatively cheap (at the time) Fujifilm Finepix S304. I was hooked. To be able to have complete control over my photography for the first time was like looking on the world through new eyes. I could choose, as I was taking a photograph, whether I wanted to keep it or not and I could take 250 photographs before I had to download them to my computer, more if I reduced the resolution down from the maximum.

In November 2005 I finally bought myself a Canon EOS 20D, which uses the existing lenses that I have from my two file Canons. I invested in some studio lights and have had quite a number of private commissions.

No comments: