Friday 29 May 2009

LCTY09

Spent yesterday in Edinburgh at the "Lotusphere Comes To You" event which was held in the Caledonian Hotel.  Well done IBM for hosting such a great event.

Turned up unfashionably early (08:20) as traffic coming through from Glasgow was unusually light and the threatened traffic chaos due to the Edinburgh City tram project failed to materialise so was able to have a short walk and grab a Costa coffee to get the day started.

Thought I was the only person from work attending, with one of my colleagues from software development meant to be attending but I hadn't had that confirmed when I spot two of them not long after arriving at the hotel.  Then my boss turned up- turns out he was a guest speaker but hadn't mentioned it!

Ed Brill kicked things off with yet another excellent turn (his blog is good too!) and then we listened to two customer cases (one of them my boss) which were illuminating.  It's good to hear what others are doing, especially when their company throws some resources behind the support team!

We then split into two streams, which normally means that my company miss out on tons of information as I am the only attendee, but this time we had it well covered.  Presentations were of good length, so there was a lot of information presented, and as usual were very interesting.  Took lots of notes and will be trying some stuff out today when I get into work.  If I get time (and am allowed) I'll tweet about it as I go along but will definitely post something on my work blog.

Looking forward now to the UK Lotus User Group meeting.

No comments: