Monday 9 August 2010

Old favourite

Home for dinner tonight and what was awaiting me? My old favourite, lambs liver. With a mixed leaf salad, sliced radish, watercress, raw broccoli and avocado slices in a balsamic vinegar and avocado oil dressing who could ask for more? To make it even sweeter lambs liver is probably one of the cheapest meats available at the moment. Our pack, which fed two of us, cost less than £1.00 and was truly delicious.

I'm looking forward to another liver dish next week. I'm glad this Palaeolithic regime has such great tasting food, I don't miss the things I used to love to eat, like apples and chocolate, apples most of all.

Breakfast was a slice of home made Quiche Lorraine (with the base made with nuts instead of wheat) and lunch was a salmon slice with mixed salad leaves, sliced radish, pomodorinos, a boiled egg and green olives. When I felt peckish during the morning ate a boiled egg and nibbled on some nuts and seeds. Feeling very satisfied.

No comments: