Saturday 24 July 2010

Captain Caveman reporting

Grok
Well we're a week in with this new eating regime and I must say I'm not missing all the things I used to like. No more sugary foods, wheat based products, cereals and the like.

"Doesn't leave much" you might think, but there you would be wrong.

Beef chili with sweet potato (two nights in a row, with the second being better than the first - well it's always better the second day), pork belly with mixed salad leaves (watercress is so peppery), chunky lamb chomps with green beans. Mmm mmm all so tasty you don't miss the "bad" things.

We're eating a bread/cake thingy made with mixed seeds, nuts, fresh fruit and lard (but no wheat!) for breakfast, which is remarkably filling and tasty to boot. Eaten with five or six blackberries and a couple of fresh cherries it keeps you going until lunchtime.

Lunch for me is mackerel with salad leaves and a few pomodorino (or any smallish tomato) in a nice balsamic vinegar and avocado oil dressing. Bit boring you might think, but I love mackerel so always love tucking into it.

To cap it all I've lost 2.36 Kg in a week (that's 5.2lbs in old money - come on, keep up) without trying at all. Not going to weigh myself that regularly though, once a month will do and I can give myself a bigger surprise that way. Only weighed myself because I felt I had lost something and was checking.

Time will tell but I think I'm going to enjoy this way of eating.

No comments: