Wednesday 28 July 2010

Weight for it!

We've decided that Saturdays will be the weigh-in day to see how effective this new eating regime is.  I'm actually looking forward to it as I know I have lost weight (sneaky step onto the scales) and I'm positive that I can keep it up in the months ahead.

Starting weight was 125.1Kg (275.2lbs) and I have already lost 3.3Kg (7.3lbs).  Seems a lot for such a short period of time, especially as I don't feel like I am trying.  I've tried losing weight before with other diets and always felt like I was missing something but this Palaeolithic hunter/gatherer diet (we'll refer to it as Palaeo from now on) doesn't seem to be having that effect.  I don't miss a thing and have even been turning down offers of cakes and sweets at work (much to the astonishment of my colleagues as I was known for my sweet tooth).

I'm sure my doctor will be happy to see me losing weight although maybe not as quickly as I am at the moment.  I think they'd be happy with 500g - 1Kg loss a week.

Less to come...

No comments: