Tuesday 20 July 2010

The Hunter/Gatherer

Started on a new eating regime this weekend, the hunter/gatherer method. I'm straying away from the word diet as most people don't use it in it's broader sense and this is a completely new way of eating. I already feel more vigorous and don't seem to be having the hunger pangs that I did, thanks to all the good food I am eating and which slowly gives me energy and keeps me feeling full.

Now you may scoff at this but it does make sense, eat the way your body is designed to and not the way your taste buds dictate. No more sugar, grains, cereals, chocolate, etc and more of the foodstuffs that we should be eating. Meat, seeds, salads, fruit, vegetables, etc are tasty in themselves and there are plenty of interesting things you can do with them.

Tonight was day 2 of a beef chili (the second day is always better!!) served with sweet potato. Delicious!!

To cap it all off I did lose 2lbs in weight without even trying and am looking forward to slowly losing more.

Having to catch up on though, apparently Mark's Daily Apple is a good place to start, so I will be checking his site out over the next week or two.

No comments: