Friday 6 January 2012

Japanese style dinner

Tonight's dinner was really tasty and filling too!




The salmon was steamed and served cold with preserved whole lemons which we sliced and de-seeded.  They are quite sweet and the skin is quite delicate.


The sprouting beans are about four different types but as the packet has been thrown out I'm not sure what they all are.  Bought them in Sainsburys so if you are interested take a look in the fresh fruit and veg section. 


Juliennes of carrot and celery were served with some halved pomodorinos.  They are very sweet too for a tomato.


Was expecting some sushi rice in the covered bowl when I took this photo but got a pleasant surprise when I lifted the lid and found mashed sweet potato with tamari dressing.


Loving this new eating regime!  Mmm mmm (for Chris I, I know he must have missed that over the Christmas period).

1 comment:

Tyro said...

Looks super healthy and nice presentation Jefe.